After countless weekend trips and thousands of miles driven, once we stumbled upon Bernard’s Landing we knew we had found our venue.
With its 22,000 acres of sparking fresh water and 500 miles of shoreline, Smith Mountain Lake is a magnificent playground for swimming, boating, fishing, or just relaxing. Virtually surrounded by water, Bernard’s Landing is a 70 acre resort that offers lush green spaces, panoramic views of the lake, and year-round activities for the entire family.
We hope you’ll take advantage of this beautiful venue and stay a few days – or turn it into a mini-vacation.
If you’re looking for accommodation information (condo rentals, hotels, pricing, etc) then please visit our accommodations page
Maps & Directions
Arriving by Air?
- Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport (ROA) is 36 miles (57 minutes) from Bernard’s Landing
- Lynchburg Airport (LYH) is 50 miles (1 hour 13 minutes) from Bernard’s Landing
Arriving by Amtrak?
- Lynchburg Station (LYH) is 56 miles (1 hour 6 minutes) from Bernard’s Landing
Arriving by Car?
- Get driving directions via Google Maps by entering your starting address here
- Need an address for a GPS? It’s 775 Ashmeade Rd, Moneta, VA 24121
Guides & Information
- Smith Mountain Lake Dining & Entertainment Listing (Bakeries, Casual/Fine Dining, Fast Food, etc)
- Bernard’s Landing Important Phone Numbers (Security Office, Emergency Maintenance, etc)
- Bernard’s Landing Operating Hours (Fitness Center, Pool, etc)
- Bernard’s Landing Rental Units Rules & Regulations (For those staying at Bernard’s Landing)
- Smith Mountain Lake Contact Info & Phone Guide (Boat Rentals, Marinas, Wineries, Campgrounds, Recreational Activities, Golf, Salon/Beauty, etc)
- Smith Mountain Lake Fishing Info (Bass Movements, Marina Guide, Fishing Charters, etc)
Activities on property
Clubhouse Outdoor Pool
- An olympic-type swimming pool with lap lanes
- Outdoor hot tub
- Separate children’s wading pool and play area.
Clubhouse Indoor Pool & Spa
- Year-round indoor pool with jacuzzi spa
- A private sandy beach on a secluded cove near the Clubhouse.
- Tennis Courts
- Racquetball Court
- Poolside Basketball Court
- Beach Volleyball Court
- Complete with weights, stationary bikes, treadmills, Jacuzzi spa and sauna
- Bring your own or rent a ski-boat, pontoon, personal water craft, canoe, or kayak (advance reservations recommended)
Run, walk, or bike
- The unhurried streets in the community make for great places to run, walk or bike.
- Many other hiking and biking trails are nearby, including the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Whether you’re an expert or a novice, you’ve come to the right place (fishing license information)
- Bernard’s Landing can even hook you up with an experienced guide to help you find the right place and the right lure
- The lake is stocked with striped bass, large-mouth and small-mouth bass, crappie, muskie, lunge, and catfish
Activities off property
- Bernard’s Guests have golfing privileges at West Lake Country Club as well as other nearby courses including Blue Hills and Hanging Rock in Roanoke